Friday, June 26, 2009

Summer begins!

It certainly has been some time since I posted. Let me tell you what I have been up to. Rewind to the beginning of my blog in March when I said I wanted to document the highs and lows of starting a photography business with everyone. I have to say there have been some bumps and the learning curve I liken to walking up the side of a skyscraper.  And for all of those times there have been many more positive experiences.  
This week, however, I have to say was the roughest so far. For those that have been reading my blog - you know that the "editing" or "post processing" of my photos has been my biggest challenge.  I have never been the most technical or computer savvy person.  I just love people and love to take pictures. Simple. But it's not that simple in the age of digital. I had days this week that I truly thought if I had known I needed to be a graphic designer to be a photographer than I would have chosen a different path. Would I have? Hmmmm...depends on the day you ask me. But I can't shake the passion I have for photography and the wonderful people I have had the pleasure to work with. So, for now I must plough forward and continue to learn all I can about the "back end" of photography.  I am sure in a couple of years it will all come much easier. 
So back to reason for the delay in posting....30 hours of trying to figure how to watermark out of Lightroom. I chatted with all kinds of nice folks across the world (that is no exageration) about how to make this work.  On the not so good side - I wasted an entire week and gave $20 over to a software company for a bogus program.  On the bright side of things I met some truly wonderful photographers through some children's photography groups that helped me immensely.  Hence...no watermarking. But I am working on it): 
Oh and a watermark is....an imprint of a logo on your picture so that people can't "steal" your work.  I couldn't wait any longer to post so I pray no one steals my pictures until I can figure this out.

Now onto the blog post this week. What happens when your children's friends come over to play for the afternoon in the backyard??!!! Mommy, the aspiring photographer, throws a camera around her neck and has a photoshoot! These two beauties have been friends with our girls pretty much since the first two were babies.  They are getting used to Claire and Kate's mommy with her camera.  And they are actually starting to really enjoy it!!  Hopefully you enjoy them too.


















No comments:

Post a Comment